Pages

Monday 28 September 2015

10 Games: From Good to Bad



1. Counter Strike: Global Offensive

In my opinion, CS:GO is an amazing game. CS:GO is a lot different to most popular FPS games such as Battlefield and CoD because it involves a lot of team work and cooperation, and it also takes a bit of practise and skill to become good at the game. I also love the competitive side of the game, and playing 5v5 matches with friends is awesome. Every match feels like a challenge, and you have to think really carefully about the decisions you and your team mates make. CS:GO will also have a giant lifespan, so it’s definitely worth the money. There are no stupid DLC’s and loads of free things such as new maps are added to the game. All the players can get involved by uploading custom maps and weapon finishes to the Steam workshop, and the creations that gain the most amount of votes are put into the game. This is why CS:GO is my favourite game!

2. Terraria


When Terraria was first released, lot's of people compared it to Minecraft...but now that the game has been out for a while and has undergone some serious changes, it's completely different to Minecraft. In Terraria, there are lots of things to discover. There are giant caves and different biomes filled with different items, materials and enemies, there are even islands floating in the sky! Bosses also play a huge part in Terraria, and you need to kill them to progress. And with the addition of expert mode, boss fights and fights with enemies in general become much more challenging but also very rewarding. I have over 400 hours in Terraria, and I'm still not bored of it yet. If you want a game full of content at a great price (£6.99 on Steam) then check out Terraria! 

3. Mirrors Edge


Mirrors Edge is a first person parkour game, and it's one of my favourite singleplayer games. I love the soundtrack, art style, and most importantly the gameplay. Whenever I play Mirrors Edge, I feel like a badass. I'm able to run around and vault over obstacles, jump between buildings, and pull off awesome stunts in general as I build up momentum. 

4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2


Modern Warfare 2 is probably my favourite CoD game, I love the weapons, maps, lethal and tactical grenades etc because they are simple and realistic. Most newer CoD games are set in the future with loads of weird over the top player abilities and weapons, which I'm beginning to lose interest in rapidly...
MW2 is slightly lower down on my list because of course the game is old, and I don't really play it too much anymore. There are modded lobbies and also my FOV changer has stopped working. (default console FOV sucks) I guess all good things come to an end. 

5. Minecraft 


Don't get me wrong, Minecraft is a great game. It allows people to be extremely creative and design whatever they want within a virtual world. People have made some awesome things on the game, such as minigames and even working calculators. The reason Minecraft is number 5 on my list is because I'm sick of it now. The fanbase for the game is so ridiculously huge that the game has become extremely mainstream, and I just don't find it interesting anymore. In fact, the more they've added to the game, the more I've lost interest in it, which is very strange. 

6. The Borderlands Games

I've had lots of fun playing Borderlands, however I've really lost interest in it now. The games are fun, but each one is basically the same thing. I'm pretty sure I only have about 60 hours in the Pre-Sequel, which may seem like a lot to some of you, but when compared with my gametime in Borderlands 2 (200+ hours) there is a big difference. The new features in the Pre-Sequel are cool, but since the game is very similar to the previous ones, I lost interest. If I'd played the Pre-Sequel before 2, I probably would have put more time into it. 

7. Dead Island

Dead Island is not a terrible game, however it does have it's flaws. When I play this game, I don't really spend my time paying attention to the story or anything like that, but me and my friend will point out small flaws and just end up laughing at things like floating patches of blood and stupid jumping animations. The movement in the game feels bad in my opinion, it's very clunky and just doesn't feel very responsive. The game also had some weird mouse sensitivity issues last time I played, which made it feel worse. (I've played the game on PC)

8. League of Legends (LoL)

This is mostly down to personal opinion, but I really dislike LoL. I just don't get on very well with the controls and combat, I can never take on people on my own, and even when I'm trying my best and playing correctly, some stupid attack from an enemy will slow me down and then I'll get rekt. My friend also tries to get me to play it with him by constantly bringing it up. Even though he knows I dislike LoL, he'll still say "League of Legends!" when I ask him if he wants to play anything. 

9. DayZ Standalone

DayZ standalone is the game that he steered me away from early access games on Steam. I have a pretty good gaming PC, and I still can't run this damn game. The frames per second are garbage, and even on low settings where the game is a blurry mess, it still won't hold a stable 60+ fps. If only the Steam refund system was around when I bought this game...
From what I've seen the game is also quite hard to play because most players will just shoot you on site for no reason...great...


10. Call of Duty: Ghosts

CoD Ghosts is the most disappointing game I've played. In the trailers, they made the game look like an awesome, serious game with some epic moments. I was extremely hyped for this game, I even pre-ordered. What a stupid thing to do.
Alarms were instantly ringing in my head when I tried to boot up the game since it took about a gazillion years to load. When I finally got into the game, the menu was stuttering, which was extremely irritating when trying to change graphics options. I decided to go into a private match (that's what I usually do when I set up a game) and I was greeted with some horrible things. The game was lagging like crazy, it was pretty much impossible to play the damn thing. I also noticed how much of a gimmick the whole "next-gen" thing was. The graphics in this game sucked, and there were also graphical glitches that made the textures look even muddier! There was nothing special about this game, it was just a bog-standard CoD game with a dreadful PC port.                                                                         
An example of one of the many glitches in the game. Weird black lines appear in the weapon sight, making aiming very difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment